Hello to all

Buggnout

Hello to everyone my name is Noel Morales and my aka is Buggnout.

I just found this forum through bugs in cyberspace.Im elated that

there is this beetle forum I have a deep love for insects especaily beetles.

I spend lots of my free time searching learning and observing insects and their

natural envirements. I prefer live specimens. Dead specimens are kool but usaully loose luster after a while. I hope to meet and network with fellow invert lovers

so we can learn from each others expieriences.Look forward to meeting you.

best wishes

Buggnout

Welcome! Do you have any beetle photos to post?

I've seen dead specimens over 100 years old that still have their luster but I'm with you on greatly prefering live ones.

Nice to see you, Buggnout!

Summer is just around the corner and Orin and I get excited every spring that "this might be the year the forum picks up some steam". Maybe it will never happen, but I definitely appreciate your enthusiasm and outlook on the world!

I know exactly how you feel june is when many beetles start appearing where im at paeking july/august.I've

purchased my first net and its great. Did a bit of blacklighting in this new spot i've found and the first beetle that came to the light was a nicrophorus sp. It was about 20mm also a couple of very small cararbids.My goal has been to capture live calosoma scrutator/calosoma sycophanta wood love to acquire for possible captive breeding very beautiful beeltes. Do you have any expierience with these beetles? Any isights on best time and place to find these guys would be appriecated.I've looked high and low in their habitats and always come up empty.

Best wishes

Buggnout

Welcome! Do you have any beetle photos to post?

I've seen dead specimens over 100 years old that still have their luster but I'm with you on greatly prefering live ones.

Will be putting up some photos soon have to shrink them down to size.RIght now I am maintaining 2 terrariums with some native insects. I am trying to perfect favorable conditions for a few carabids including cheanius sp. I also have a small colony of second generation field crickets. I've had various insects do welll and others not so well. Im doing some live plants its all been trail and errror and research. I have very limited space in a window sill with partial sun. Plants consist of some herbs a couple of potted flowering plants some wild grape even a tiny everygreen with some moss.I use rich soil with rotten wood and leaf litter to add depth and nutrients. Any suggestions or insight would be welcome.

Best wishes

Buggnout