BDFB Larva starting to Pupate

On 10/28/2018 at 4:03 PM, CactusKing said:

Wish me luck! Any tips on how this is going to go? This is my first beetle larva and I believe I am doing everything correctly. Keeping it around 78 degrees, moist substrate. Only time will tell!

Just to clarify: are you saying this is the first beetle larvae you have ever raised (we will assume mealworms don't count)? If so, that is incredible. I have looked at trying to breed them before, and it looked like it was nearly impossible to successfully raise them. 

2 hours ago, PowerHobo said:

Don't you take Zophobas morio away from me...

I think Zophobas morio is a little bit complex to raise since they usually do not pupate in the presence of other larvae. Mealworms, on the other hand, can be raised by sticking them in a bin with some oats and leaving them for a couple months. 

• 2 months later...
On 11/8/2018 at 10:39 PM, The Mantis Menagerie said:

Just to clarify: are you saying this is the first beetle larvae you have ever raised (we will assume mealworms don't count)? If so, that is incredible. I have looked at trying to breed them before, and it looked like it was nearly impossible to successfully raise them. 

Oh I have raised mealworms before. I mean like the first "rare" kind of beetle ya know? Still in a pupal chamber as a pre-pupa sadly. But not dead!

• 1 month later...