hello, who can help me find..

sandokan

Hello everyone, my name is Pat, I am from Amsterdam - The Netherlands. I entered this community with a maybe somewhat unsual purpose. About 15 years ago, I saw a full length TV-documentary on a dung beetle. The documentary closely followed the beetle in its dedicated process of making its underground nest, collecting dung, laying eggs, covering the eggs - and dropping dead after it had finished. It was beautifully filmed through a glass window in the nestside. And it was deeply moving.

I am now trying to find out which documentary it was and if its available (either on dvd or on youtube etc). Does any of you devotees know what I am talking about?

Thanks for your consideration and a great day to you all!

Pat

Hello everyone, my name is Pat, I am from Amsterdam - The Netherlands. I entered this community with a maybe somewhat unsual purpose. About 15 years ago, I saw a full length TV-documentary on a dung beetle. The documentary closely followed the beetle in its dedicated process of making its underground nest, collecting dung, laying eggs, covering the eggs - and dropping dead after it had finished. It was beautifully filmed through a glass window in the nestside. And it was deeply moving.

I am now trying to find out which documentary it was and if its available (either on dvd or on youtube etc). Does any of you devotees know what I am talking about?

Thanks for your consideration and a great day to you all!

Pat

I asked a friend of mine. The film is titled "The Tombs Below Aruba", by Simon Trevor, 1990. It's about the life cycle of Heliocopris dilloni. PM me your e-mail and I'll send it to him.

I asked a friend of mine. The film is titled "The Tombs Below Aruba", by Simon Trevor, 1990. It's about the life cycle of Heliocopris dilloni. PM me your e-mail and I'll send it to him.

Dear Orin,

what an unexpected surprise! My email address is patrice@maguiretl.nl. Thanks again and all the best for the site and the forum!

Pat