Cold Collecting

Hoping to be able to wander out later to peel back some bark and flip some logs. I found some nice buprestid larvae and a handful of tenebrionids last time I was out there, but it was definitely warmer than it is now! Anything odd I may be able to find that I'm not aware of?

Hoping to be able to wander out later to peel back some bark and flip some logs. I found some nice buprestid larvae and a handful of tenebrionids last time I was out there, but it was definitely warmer than it is now! Anything odd I may be able to find that I'm not aware of?

You should be able to find some nice beetles without too much of a problem. I just got back, yesterday, from a camping trip. Twice, the temps at night dropped down below freezing. However, that didn't seem to bother the beetles and larvae living inside and under old, rotting logs. Couldn't find any D. tityus or Bess Beetles, unfortunately. However, I saw plenty of ground and rove beetles along with many larvae I was unable to identify.

Cheers