1 reply to this topic

#1 arizonablue

arizonablue

Pupa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 05 April 2018 - 04:09 PM

Picked up a sweet little Halloween crab yesterday. He's very shy and hasn't even tried to pinch me. Currently he's in a small tank with coir sub, cork bark and moss, a dish of fresh water and a smaller dish of salt water. I'll be hooking him up with a chunk of cuttlebone today, and I've been feeding him bits of strawberry and fish food flakes. He'll be getting some mango and veggies tonight once I swing by the store.

His current tank is pretty small (so is the crab so it's suitable for now), but I'm gonna be moving my desert beetles into a different tank, and he'll be getting their 20-gallon long, with deeper sub and more room to roam. 

Does anyone have any care tips for Halloween crabs? I have a pretty good idea what I'm doing, I think, but advice from anyone who has successfully kept them would be appreciated.

His name is Jack Shellington, because Nightmare Before Christmas is awesome. :D

Attached File  P4040399.jpg   297.62KB   0 downloads

#2 PowerHobo

PowerHobo

Pupa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  • Interests:Music, beetles, coding, 3D printing, propmaking, the list goes on.

Posted 06 April 2018 - 12:54 PM

I've got no advice or experience, but he sure is pretty!

Currently raising: Dynastes tityus, Dynastes granti, Megasoma punctulatus, Chrysina gloriosa, Zophobas morioPhanaeus vindex

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users