Are Cyclommatus metallifer species easy to care for?

I would like to know if they are difficult, since there is a high chance of me getting a pair.

On 5/22/2024 at 11:00 AM, Agent8 said:

I would like to know if they are difficult, since there is a high chance of me getting a pair.

According to James Beelte Farm, they are the "Easiest Sh*t Ever"

But yeah, Stag beetle wise, they should be pretty easy. Just a little on the fragile side, but nothing too fragile.

Also join the JamesBeetleFarm Discord if you haven't. Get your questions answered faster. And they do Auctions and flash sales where you can get a CMF pair for cheap!

Someone got a 70mm+ pair for $100 at today's auction.

https://discord.com/invite/a43kwvjg

On 5/22/2024 at 9:45 PM, Ayudrs said:

According to James Beelte Farm, they are the "Easiest Sh*t Ever"

But yeah, Stag beetle wise, they should be pretty easy. Just a little on the fragile side, but nothing too fragile.

Also join the JamesBeetleFarm Discord if you haven't. Get your questions answered faster. And they do Auctions and flash sales where you can get a CMF pair for cheap!

Someone got a 70mm+ pair for $100 at today's auction.

https://discord.com/invite/a43kwvjg

Thank you very much! I saw the auction but decided to hold out for a Dorcus Titanus Palawanicus.

Would Micropore tape be useful with a metal screen terrarium lid, to prevent fruit flys or keep it humid?

On 5/23/2024 at 8:17 AM, Agent8 said:

Thank you very much! I saw the auction but decided to hold out for a Dorcus Titanus Palawanicus.

Would Micropore tape be useful with a metal screen terrarium lid, to prevent fruit flys or keep it humid?

I suppose you could use micropore tape for that. I haven't gotten to try micropore tape myself yet, but have heard it's a good option to keep nates put of larvae containers. Although I would say a container that's more closed off and without mesh is better.

On 5/24/2024 at 12:51 AM, Ayudrs said:

I suppose you could use micropore tape for that. I haven't gotten to try micropore tape myself yet, but have heard it's a good option to keep nates put of larvae containers. Although I would say a container that's more closed off and without mesh is better.

I agree but, I'm trying to make use of the 10-gallon rimless tank I had for raising Praecoex Rainbows from eggs.