Flying Beetle ID Inside House

Rheinhold

Good day. I have these flying tiny I presume beetles but I an not sure as they are so small and I only ever get annoyed by one or two of them at a time . . . These are really small at 2.68mm length by 1.27mm wide. I am not sure what they are or where they came from (I just got a lot of old computers (1990 old) so maybe inside the cases?). These do fly and are attracted to my computer monitor. Sorry for the low quality pics as I had to resize them and my phones camera has a hard time with stuff this small. In the regular light they look black but with a flashlight they are apparently brown in color.

Thank you.

Rheinhold

20221005_222130.jpg

20221005_221953.jpg

20221005_222040.jpg

Possibly Genus Ernobius? I don't know your location, nor can I make out the antennae: both can be important for definitive ID. Many species of these Ptinids are reported to be associated with conifers, but it's best for the real experts to weigh in here...

Ok I have acquired another one... But I hope these pics are better.

20221016_012305d.jpg

c.jpg

Is this a "Cigarette Beetle" even thought I do not have any tobacco... but stored food... Would fish food? I have a 60galion tank near my computer desk and that is where I am finding these... Also the legs match, 6 of them, and the size is what I measured at 2.68mm which is between 2 and 3mm listed on quick google search.

The fish food does not appear to be infested... And it is behind a closed door so... Not sure...

Also the bug trap I got... these do not stay stuck to the sticky pad in bottom of the trap. They are attracted to the UV light but they get in fall onto the sticky trap and just start to walk off so I do not recommend the "Katchy" number 1 seller on the amazon . . . which I have had this going for 4 hours and have seen 2 in it walking around. 

If there are ridges running down the back, I'll guess it's an insect closely related to the cigarette beetle: Stegobium paniceum, commonly referred to as the drugstore beetle. As this ordinary name implies, they can survive on a remarkably wide variety of foods, including stuff that wouldn't be consumed by other insects or might actually be toxic. Although they can't harm people directly, they are, like many Ptinids, quite resilient, found worldwide, and thus classed as pests. I wouldn't worry about their presence unless you are finding them in really large numbers. If you are interested in insects, they might even be fun to culture so as to observe their full lifecycle and style of living.

Please keep in mind that I'm still only making an educated guess here. There are seasoned taxonomists on this forum who could definitively key out the beetle if at least one extremely clear, detailed close-up was available. Hope this helps a bit anyway...

Thank you Anacimas for the information. As far as the ridges they appear to be smooth but looking really close they do have tiny ridges from head to back of their body. Now as far as numbers it is only 1 to 2 every 3 or so days that I notice so not to bad just enough to be like... Hum... You are not suppose to be here. Can they live off of say rice? I have coffee cup filled with dry rive and pens stuck in it as a pen holder... I emptied it and looked but seen no evidence of anything... But I may still remove the rice as that is a food source which I have had this for 6ish years without issue till recently.