My rotten wood

philipee32

How's my wood look? Bros, good?

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/172333123218432638/

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/172333123218432640/

My apartment has a mold problem so I'm worried about contamination but this piece I keep outside in a trash can filled with compost. I had 3 blocks of wood that I kept inside tied up in trash bags that I had inoculated and everything that got all moldy>:-(

You want to keep inoculated logs moist on the inside, but adequately dry on the outside to prevent mold from taking a foothold.

Oh ok i had not heard that before. It happen in like a week I believe in this case it was the amount of mold in the air.

I put this piece in the picture back in the oven because I had it in my apartment and I think I found mold on this piece too >=(

It's normal and okay for there to be some spots of mold, but it doesn't look good for the inoculated log if mold starts overtaking the log like in your picture.

Oh. See I thought the white was the white rotten wood I wanted at first. I was referring to black mold but I do see now that it does resemble just regular old white mold. So this is no good. What is it supposed to look like?

Note: this isn't one of the inoculated logs. This particular one in the picture is one that I tried to age in a trash can with compost.