Another Origami Dynastes Tityus

Phil Kuhns

Once again, very amazing. Last time you posted, I tried making one myself but gave up within seconds.

Thankyou! Wow! Kudos to you for trying! :) But yeah if you are not already an accomplished paper folder, its absolutely impossible to make. However, I dont think it would be beyond you to try ur hand at making a very simple beetle. If ur interested, here's a like to instructions for a basic beetle: origami hercules beetle diagrams

Thankyou! Wow! Kudos to you for trying! :) But yeah if you are not already an accomplished paper folder, its absolutely impossible to make. However, I dont think it would be beyond you to try ur hand at making a very simple beetle. If ur interested, here's a like to instructions for a basic beetle: origami hercules beetle diagrams

amazing, I tried to do hercules beetle from instructions but I did only half haha...too difficult for me..

some time ago I made these beetles from glass..

post-3559-0-27088100-1329577684_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I recently did a re-fold of my D.T. design. This time around, I think the model looks much more like the real beetle! Dynastes Tityus was folded from a single, un-cut square of paper colored yellow on one side and black on the other. What'ya think?

This is fine work Phil. I hope you have found a way for your skill and artistic ability to bring you some happiness and/or money. I had to do a double take.

• 4 months later...