• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 I Fox

I Fox

L2

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy breeding and raising varies kinds of insects, particularly Darkling Beetles, Mantids, Ground Beetles, some True Bugs, Long-horned Beetles and Moths. keeping Water Beetles and Scarab Beetles. other interests include reading, drawing and anything outdoors.

Posted 24 July 2017 - 01:37 AM

Does anybody want to tell what beetles they have currently?

I have:

1. Eleodes longicollis (3 Females)
  2. Eleodes suturalis (1 Male, 3 Females, Lots of larvae)
  3. Bothrotes sp. (5 Females, 5 Males)

Unfortunately my Amblycheila cylindriformis died, and I have not found any eggs from them  :(

#2 Hisserdude

Hisserdude

Flower Beetle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts
  • Interests:Keeping inverts, including beetles, (especially darkling beetles). Also gardening, reading, playing monster hunter and minecraft, and watching Doctor Who and MLP:FIM.

Posted 24 July 2017 - 02:19 PM

Here's what I got at the moment:

Alaus melanops (one larva or pupa?)
Alobates pensylvanica
Ampedus sp (two larvae)
cf. Cynaeus angustus
Coelocnemis californica (one male)
Coelus ciliatus
Coniontis sp. "Cottonwood CA"
Edrotes ventricosus
Elateridae sp (one larva)
Elateridae sp (two larvae)
Eleodes clavicornis
Eleodes hispilabris
Eleodes nigrinus (one adult)
Eleodes tribulus
Embaphion cf. contusum
Embaphion muricatum
Eusattus muricatus
Melanotus cf. similis (one larva)
Merecantha contracta
Pasimachus sp. "Arizona" (one adult)
Pyrophorus noctilucus
Tenebrio molitor
Tenebrio obscurus
Tribolium sp
Zenoa picea (one adult)
Zophobas morio

Sorry to hear about your Amblycheila, that sucks. :(

BTW, any eggs from that Bothrotes female? What is she eating in captivity?

Darklings: Alobates pensylvanica, Coelocnemis californicus, Coelus ciliatus, Eleodes clavicornis, Eleodes hispilabris, Eleodes nigrinus, Embaphion cf. contusum, Embaphion muricatum, Eusattus muricatus, Meracantha contracta, Platydema ellipticum, Tenebrio molitor, Tenebrio obscurus, Tenebrionid sp, Zophobas morio. Ground beetles: Pasimachus sp. "Arizona". Click beetles: 1 Alaus melanops larva, Ampedus sp, Elateridae sp larva, Elaterid sp larvae, Melanotus cf. similis, Melanotus sp, Pyrophorus noctilucus. Also: A bunch of cockroach species, spiders, isopods, and a cat. For a full list of my invertebrates, See my blog! http://invertebratedude.blogspot.com/

#3 I Fox

I Fox

L2

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy breeding and raising varies kinds of insects, particularly Darkling Beetles, Mantids, Ground Beetles, some True Bugs, Long-horned Beetles and Moths. keeping Water Beetles and Scarab Beetles. other interests include reading, drawing and anything outdoors.

Posted 24 July 2017 - 03:43 PM

I haven't seen any eggs or larvae from her yet. I'm trying to feed her dry dog food and dead Honey Locust leaves like I do with the rest of my darklings.

#4 Hisserdude

Hisserdude

Flower Beetle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts
  • Interests:Keeping inverts, including beetles, (especially darkling beetles). Also gardening, reading, playing monster hunter and minecraft, and watching Doctor Who and MLP:FIM.

Posted 24 July 2017 - 04:16 PM

I haven't seen any eggs or larvae from her yet. I'm trying to feed her dry dog food and dead Honey Locust leaves like I do with the rest of my darklings.

Well keep me updated, I'm very curious on how well the Epitragini would do in culture, hope you can get her to breed!

Darklings: Alobates pensylvanica, Coelocnemis californicus, Coelus ciliatus, Eleodes clavicornis, Eleodes hispilabris, Eleodes nigrinus, Embaphion cf. contusum, Embaphion muricatum, Eusattus muricatus, Meracantha contracta, Platydema ellipticum, Tenebrio molitor, Tenebrio obscurus, Tenebrionid sp, Zophobas morio. Ground beetles: Pasimachus sp. "Arizona". Click beetles: 1 Alaus melanops larva, Ampedus sp, Elateridae sp larva, Elaterid sp larvae, Melanotus cf. similis, Melanotus sp, Pyrophorus noctilucus. Also: A bunch of cockroach species, spiders, isopods, and a cat. For a full list of my invertebrates, See my blog! http://invertebratedude.blogspot.com/

#5 I Fox

I Fox

L2

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 10:51 AM

update: I found a bunch more of these including a couple of males. No larvae yet though :)

#6 Hisserdude

Hisserdude

Flower Beetle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 11:33 PM

update: I found a bunch more of these including a couple of males. No larvae yet though :)

That's cool! And the female is still alive?

#7 I Fox

I Fox

L2

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 10:41 AM

yes, the original female is still alive. by the way these love fruit :)

#8 I Fox

I Fox

L2

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 02:50 AM

I was checking the substrate of my Bothrotes just now and found several L1 larvae. :) :) :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users