Dynastes "grantius"?

Lucanus

I can't. Can you?

You're not the first to hybridize them, but many people look down on such a thing. Please be careful not to release any into the wild. I wouldn't even share them with anybody.

All the same, I'm interested to see what the adults look like when they are ready!

These are D. granti X D. tityus hybrid. I made up the name Dynastes grantius since they are hybrid between grantii and tityus. lol

Hybrids should never be mixed or confused with scientific names. You can find some hybrid adult photos here: D. granti X D. tityus

Did you raise the adult female in captivity? If you mated a wild female you may or may not have hybrids.

I can't. Can you?

You're not the first to hybridize them, but many people look down on such a thing. Please be careful not to release any into the wild. I wouldn't even share them with anybody.

All the same, I'm interested to see what the adults look like when they are ready!

I've already seen the result of the hybrid between D. grantii and D. tityus, but I wanted to try my own as well. I will never sell or trade this species with others :)

Hybrids should never be mixed or confused with scientific names. You can find some hybrid adult photos here: D. granti X D. tityus

Did you raise the adult female in captivity? If you mated a wild female you may or may not have hybrids.

Thank you for the link but I've already seen that website about a year ago.

The female granti was raised in captivity. I didn't have any granti males so I crossed her with D. grantii.

The question begs to be asked.

Since the hybrids do have qualities of both species, will they take on the life span of D. tityus or the shorter life span of D. granti?

Well...I'll find that out next year (I believe).

You got it right! :D

I thought so. The coloration isn't a defining feature but it did seem different. Plus the spherical are slightly different at least they seem that way.