Captive bred ironclad beetles

On 7/15/2021 at 11:44 PM, Beetlesforlife3 said:

Thanks final question what have larvae been feeding on?

I too would like to know, are they feeding on the compost/leave litter exclusively, or are you offering protein supplements as well? Any issues with cannibalism yet?

On 7/28/2021 at 11:16 AM, DynastesDee said:

I use compost and cocofiber. I’ve kept them separated, so no cannibalism .

OK, and no supplemental foods?

On 7/25/2021 at 2:45 PM, Two Crows said:

I just watched my blue ironclad lady deposit two eggs. Does anyone know how long it takes for them to hatch?3E67E884-CCDB-4512-B116-F1F351B37127.png.4b5171224a8eefa56e0a349cf449dfec.png

Hmmm check out aquarimax's videos on breeding them He will probably say I will give a link to his playlist 

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 1/26/2021 at 11:52 AM, Goliathus said:

That's great news - looking forward to hearing how your rearing effort goes with these!  In my area, we have Zopherus nodulosus haldemani, and it would be fantastic to be able to breed it.  I've only ever encountered just a few examples of this species, but probably only because I've just found them incidentally, rather than going out looking for them intentionally - 

564d7c41268bd102b17c49e21df2bde8.jpg

I ADORE these so much. I hope they are available eventually from a breeder or the like, I would really like one!

• 1 month later...
On 1/26/2021 at 11:52 AM, Goliathus said:

That's great news - looking forward to hearing how your rearing effort goes with these!  In my area, we have Zopherus nodulosus haldemani, and it would be fantastic to be able to breed it.  I've only ever encountered just a few examples of this species, but probably only because I've just found them incidentally, rather than going out looking for them intentionally - 

564d7c41268bd102b17c49e21df2bde8.jpg

I LOVE these. Hoping that I can get them from a breeder someday they are my favorite and I’d love to have them chill with my other iron clads.