Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I received some darklings from bugsincyberspace and I was wondering if anyone knew this species.

They are about a quarter size.

Images:

 

524DC1F0-0BF4-45F9-A5D0-18C232B70EFF.jpeg

7CB62B47-A401-4A8C-AAF8-6338D338AB32.jpeg

A4E743D2-DD0A-4862-BB35-3665E356179F.jpeg

E4EF3AA6-FE95-4A2B-8EFE-1992E41B0908.jpeg

70CD0038-96EB-4A85-8E2E-D9BE8781A7F7.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh I for got to mention the eggs might also be of slender teneb, smooth death, or this species. They we in the same container so idk which one it is. (Could be multiple) I will be on lookout for mating.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Also Ben, the succulents do need more sunlight and I do not recommend putting darkling Boiz with them because they like eating the succulent.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The ones I see here are Eleodes armata, Coelocnemis do not have femoral spines, and E.armata is distinguished from other Eleodes by having spines on all three pairs of femora, not just the front pair. 

As for the eggs, bury them in humid substrate, and hope for the best.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Hisserdude said:

The ones I see here are Eleodes armata, Coelocnemis do not have femoral spines, and E.armata is distinguished from other Eleodes by having spines on all three pairs of femora, not just the front pair. 

As for the eggs, bury them in humid substrate, and hope for the best.  

I did notice I had those spines. I think your right.

 

So the substrate would be a mix of sand, rotting wood, and coco fiber?

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, BensBeasts1 said:

I did notice I had those spines. I think your right.

 

So the substrate would be a mix of sand, rotting wood, and coco fiber?

Sand and coconut fiber would suffice, rotten wood would be a luxury item, I never use it with desert Tenebs personally, as it's not a food source they come across regularly in the wild. Leaf litter would be good though. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Hisserdude said:

Sand and coconut fiber would suffice, rotten wood would be a luxury item, I never use it with desert Tenebs personally, as it's not a food source they come across regularly in the wild. Leaf litter would be good though. 

So like mix of rotting leaves, wood, sand and organic potting mix (other option coco fiber)?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/6/2020 at 3:56 PM, BensBeasts1 said:

So like mix of rotting leaves, wood, sand and organic potting mix (other option coco fiber)?

Yeah that sounds good, with sand and the potting soil/coco fiber making up the bulk of the substrate. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...