Bug Dreams Anyone?

Seriously, am I the only person that dreams about bugs? I do it all the time. This morning I had a dream I was in my backyard (or somebody's...not sure). I was noticing holes in the ground and also saw some hollowed out sections in these wooden posts (laid horizontally). Suddenly, I found a nice big Megasoma sp. female (though she was the size of a male and had minor horns ^_^ )! I picked her up and was holding her. Of course, she dug her legs into my skin and proceeded to poke me (a minor phobia I have after holding lots of granti that I can never actually get OFF my hands, and then there was the small incident of a poky, overly-excited male that I pulled off a female once, but I won't go into that here).

Strangely, most of my bug dreams do involve beetles, though I keep very, very few. I wonder what this means? Am I in denial about what bugs are truly my favorites? I was at the Victoria Bug Zoo last week and they had a male C. atlas and D. hercules. Despite all the other great bugs there, and my determination to appreciate all bugs equally, I actually sat by their tanks for a long time, watching them. I didn't do this with any other bugs, even the green leaf mantis from the Amazon that I'd seen in my high school biology book and always wanted to see in person.

For your consolation you aren't the only person. I have also seen dreams about bugs. It's hard for me to explain this dream. I was standing on the shore of a small lake and around me were crawling dytiscus sp. larvaes. In a perfect circle. Half on them were in the water and and the other half was in the land. The larvaes were a lot of darker then they usually are. Something between dark gray and black. I don't even a freaking idea what's that supposed to mean. :huh: Other times i saw how i captured Lucanus servus'es. Mostly males. :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

I have too, but not very often. It is almost always about beetles and they are usually exotics, but where I am finding them in my yard or something...

Steven

sometimes I recall dreaming about finding hundreds of Strategus Aloeus in my back yard like if nothing easy but when I wake up i'm disapointed that it was just a dream :(:(:(

I have too, but not very often. It is almost always about beetles and they are usually exotics, but where I am finding them in my yard or something...

Steven

One time I dreamed that I was holding a Golofa Pelagon but for some reason it kept on growing more and more legs until it was a giant blob of them. Then I woke up. :huh: :huh: :mellow:

STRANGE! isn't it never heard of that really weird Eh?

I have dreams about roaches all the time...

My favorite was a dream about all my bins tipping over and all the roaches scurrying out; oddly I wasn't terrified but more like "Aww man! Now I have to sort them all!"

The latest one was about getting a shipment of roaches in. The next day the shipment came in. lol

Like a dream come true~! :P

I have dreams about roaches all the time...

My favorite was a dream about all my bins tipping over and all the roaches scurrying out; oddly I wasn't terrified but more like "Aww man! Now I have to sort them all!"

The latest one was about getting a shipment of roaches in. The next day the shipment came in. lol

Like a dream come true~! :P

nice sometimes I have dreams about exotics like having Dynastes hercules hercules in my hands and then more and more I keep seeing around me, All my life my favorite beetles were the legendary hercules beetles so this dream has my favorite beetle

then I wake up so what was the point of that dream? its weird how people have dreams that make no-sense.

:mellow::wacko::blink:

many, I made a topic of it on asian mantis network, will copy and paste what I wrote later,r last night I dreampt I caught a female acrosternum hilare that then had a bunch of parasites in her