beetle tattoo i did this week

bluefrogtat2

did you do that on yourself? is it permanent?

no its on one of my clients,i have been a professional tattoo artist for almost twenty years.

dont get as many invert tattoos as i would like,but figured i would post these.

and yes they are very permanent...and painful

andy

Xylotrupes gideon is a great beetle, did your client see the documentary about it? It's not the biggest rhino but it is known as the mightiest of all the fighting beetles.

I've considered a rhino beetle on my arm, possibly with the legs wrapping around but the problem is rhinos have two dimensional horn structure (the side and top views are completely different) and most species to look best from the side. Maybe an atlas.

yeah i think atlas would be a great candidate for a nice tattoo..

and i agree that the side is a better pose,but from the top would be cool as a wrap around.

i love the X.gideon as well,have only seen dried specimens but they are definitely very impressive.

andy

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

Xylotrupes gideon is a great beetle, did your client see the documentary about it? It's not the biggest rhino but it is known as the mightiest of all the fighting beetles.

I've considered a rhino beetle on my arm, possibly with the legs wrapping around but the problem is rhinos have two dimensional horn structure (the side and top views are completely different) and most species to look best from the side. Maybe an atlas.

the beauty of doing tats on a round surface is that you coul do two beatles, one from the side and one from the top and get both angles for the horns =-)

Nice work by the way, might have you do some work for me

• 3 weeks later...