republic of Georgia beetle

spath

I've been looking through a hundred old AES Bulletins to see if I can find darkling beetle articles and just a few minutes after your post I looked through a couple and happened to see a photo of a group of your bugs, taken in France, in the October 94' issue. They are firebugs (Pyrrhocoris apterus). On a side note, I've only come across two short paragraphs on darklings in one issue and never realized before how many articles they have on just ones beetle species, Lucanus cervus.

Thanks so much for this reply, it's very much appreciated. -Jeremy

I've been looking through a hundred old AES Bulletins to see if I can find darkling beetle articles and just a few minutes after your post I looked through a couple and happened to see a photo of a group of your bugs, taken in France, in the October 94' issue. They are firebugs (Pyrrhocoris apterus). On a side note, I've only come across two short paragraphs on darklings in one issue and never realized before how many articles they have on just ones beetle species, Lucanus cervus.

• 4 years later...