Anyone raising them

axlopez

Hello

does Anyone raise blue death feigning beetles cause I have a small colony of these there awsome just wanna know if you guys have any tips on these

Thanks, Andrew

I've got a bunch of these that I sell through my website. I don't actively try to get them to breed by testing out different substrates with them, but I did find two eggs stuck to the leg of beetle a couple months ago. I then looked for and found a hatchling larva in the tank.

Nobody has really had success getting these to reproduce in captivity. They've only been regularly available to the hobby for about a year.

Didn't you say you had a larva hatch?

• 4 weeks later...

What are the adults and larvae eating? Is the care pretty much like darkling beetles?

Hi,

shoegazer!

they feed on corrots and rotton leaves! :)

So you're doing ok with the larvae? Still getting eggs? Think I'll have to get a group of those guys somewhere...

Yes! they are doing great here you can buy them from bugs in cyberspace.com I heard they live 20 years :)B)

I'd love to see photo of your setup and/or a detailed description of it.

Hey Peter! Send me a message re: Cryptoglossa ;)

I can't put up a photo at the moment cuase my cage is being fixed i'll show you the pic when i'm done ;)

• 4 weeks later...

I can't put up a photo at the moment cuase my cage is being fixed i'll show you the pic when i'm done ;)

Hey y'all- just checking in to see how the larvae are doing and trying to determine any crucial differences in rearing. Is everyone keeping these at room temp? There was a mention of using rotted leaves as part of the diet- what are you using in particular?

I use Rotten leaves from outside that they seem to be interested in, but prefer corrots and yes keep them at room temp the larva are growing- now two had died but the rest are still growing. now about 19 larva trying to get camera back to show you set up..

• 3 months later...

I use Rotten leaves from outside that they seem to be interested in, but prefer corrots and yes keep them at room temp the larva are growing- now two had died but the rest are still growing. now about 19 larva trying to get camera back to show you set up..

wow thats crazy, do you know what the species of leaves they are eating? Or are they generalists? Anyone?

• 3 weeks later...