Hi from Connecticut

cre0broter

hi, I'm Alex, I'm 14, and I joined here because I want to rear the reddish brown stag beetle,Lucanus capreolis.

hi, I'm Alex, I'm 14, and I joined here because I want to rear the reddish brown stag beetle,Lucanus capreolis.

Hey Alex nice to meet you

Hi Alex,

Do you have stock of this beetle already?

Welcome!

no, I have a preserved male I found dead a while ago, funny how old ones' legs fall off, I know larvae live in rotting wood, which is abundant in the woods behind my house, how far into, oh say, a rotting log, do I need to cut to find larvae, in the core of it, or just peeling bark? I have an ax, pitchfork, shovel, and my grandfather has a pickax I could use to open logs and find larvae. how do I tell male acrosternum hilare from females? I have a nymph at the moment, my adult died from a maggot. :angry:

no, I have a preserved male I found dead a while ago, funny how old ones' legs fall off, I know larvae live in rotting wood, which is abundant in the woods behind my house, how far into, oh say, a rotting log, do I need to cut to find larvae, in the core of it, or just peeling bark? I have an ax, pitchfork, shovel, and my grandfather has a pickax I could use to open logs and find larvae. how do I tell male acrosternum hilare from females? I have a nymph at the moment, my adult died from a maggot. :angry:

not cool to lose a larvae from a moggot I don't like those at all

not cool to lose a larvae from a moggot I don't like those at all

it was an adult stinkbug.

wow your larva are at risk

I know. please stop posting so much about these guys, PM me about them. small posts like this are what get us banned.

I know. please stop posting so much about these guys, PM me about them. small posts like this are what get us banned.

sorry i'll stop

sorry i'll stop

thank you.