Average lifespan of Ox Beetle in your experience?

So, I realized I think I may have had a male ox beetle live an unusually long time? I had a minor male emerge back in September (2019) of last year, which I recorded over on my Twitter so I'd know the exact time he was removed from the pupal cell. Today, I came home and found him suddenly dead. Internet says that the adults only live about 3-5 months and the care guide (Orin's) states they "regularly live five to eight months". So, if he came out as an adult in September 2019, that's about 11 months for mine. All he ate was fuji apples because that was his favorite fare; nothing special like pure maple syrup and honey like his parents got (which both lived to about six months). Is this unusual? It doesn't matter to me much, but I was curious if anyone else has had ox beetles live this long. I wanted to continue breeding but I didn't get a female to emerge at the right time and my only other pupa appeared to fail to finish growing it's "skin" when this one had originally pupated.

Has anyone raised any S. antaeus who could give me some information?

He did not. Like I said, I didn't get a female for him. I don't know when ox beetles typically emerge but my other ox grubs are lagging a lot, I think. I also did not handle this beetle much if at all, so that probably contributed to it. I didn't think of the no-mating thing but that's a good point.