lolsaboi

Finding Megasoma punctulatus

Hello, so I am planning on going down to Rio Rico, AZ on August 15 to look for Megasoma punctulatus. Does anybody know what time they come out at night to wander around or to latch onto Mesquite trunks? I have exact locales but I do not know what times at night I should stay for. I also need to know if anyone thinks that I should go any sooner or later in August. I know light traps don't work that well and I know that you can find them on Mesquite trunks at night during the season, but I don't know when the peak of the season is or what time at night, either. Any help is greatly appreciated.

I don't know about finding them, but if you happen to get a few extra I would love to buy some or work out a trade.

Last time I went down to Rio Rico it didn't feel the same. There were border patrol agents parked around.. I looked for just a little while and left.

Did you find anything? I'm considering going to Glamis to search for Megasoma sleeperi instead of Megasoma punctulatus since, ironically, there is more public information about Megasoma sleeperi despite it being a rarer species than Megasoma punctulatus.

You need to get there as soon as the sun goes down. Otherwise people will swarm the area and collect them all before you could get to them.