Osmoderma ermicola larval stages

Axolotl

I came upon some Osmoderma ermicola this summer and decided to try my hand at rearing them in captivity. My male and female died within a month or so as I expected, but I also ended up with 15 larvae at various stages. I'm certain of the 1i larva, as they hatched from eggs laid by the female in a separate container, but I'm uncertain of the larger larva I dug out of the dying willow. I'm not certain if the largest are 2i or 3i; they are approximately 2" long. I'm keeping the larva communally in rotted wood taken from the dead tree in which I found them. I've read through some postings on the forum about Osmoderma, and seen their diapause mentioned. I've observed them slowing down as the summer turns to fall. I anticipate that they will enter diapause soon. My questions:

-- How big is each stage before molting into the next? 
-- Is it better to keep them in my bug room at a constant 82F while they diapause or should I keep them at room temperature during that time? Or refrigerate them as I do my salamanders?
-- Is two years the actual time it takes from egg to adult? I've seen it listed at up to 5 years on some sites.