Looking for something more advanced

Ive only kept a couple of fruit beetles and couldnt breed them as they were all males but what kind of beetles should i be looking for next?

Hello You really want to try something a little bit more challenging. You should try rearing some Goliathus sp.

Which ever specie you can get, they are really fun and challenging.

But I think you should really get good at breeding the regular cetonids first.

regards

francisco

I'd recommend you try Xylotrupes gideon, it's a bit bigger than most flower beetles, should be easy to get in the UK and you're likely to have success if you follow guidelines. Here's a rhino beetle rearing guide: DtityusBookCover.jpg

If you're dead set on flower beetles try getting this book:

FlowerBeetleCover.jpg

There is some good info on the net here and there but a cheap book will earn it's money back quick when it comes to beetle rearing.

• 1 month later...
I'd recommend you try Xylotrupes gideon, it's a bit bigger than most flower beetles, should be easy to get in the UK and you're likely to have success if you follow guidelines. Here's a rhino beetle rearing guide: DtityusBookCover.jpg

If you're dead set on flower beetles try getting this book:

FlowerBeetleCover.jpg

There is some good info on the net here and there but a cheap book will earn it's money back quick when it comes to beetle rearing.

I totally agree Orin,

By the way great book.

• 5 weeks later...