Sign in to follow this  
Myatt22

yellowstone national park

im going to be heading down to yellowstone here in august anyone know of any native beetles i should keep an eye out while im there?

I do not aware of any large-sized scarabs in Wyoming...

You should keep an eye out for park rangers, if you are collecting inside the boundary of Yellowstone National Park :lol::lol: It is ILLEGAL to collect organisms in national parks without a proper permit. Right outside the boundary should be OKAY without a permit. Different parks and forests have different regulations and restrictions. You would not want park rangers to point a gun at you, right?

4 hours ago, JKim said:

I do not aware of any large-sized scarabs in Wyoming...

You should keep an eye out for park rangers, if you are collecting inside the boundary of Yellowstone National Park :lol::lol: It is ILLEGAL to collect organisms in national parks without a proper permit. Right outside the boundary should be OKAY without a permit. Different parks and forests have different regulations and restrictions. You would not want park rangers to point a gun at you, right?

not planning on collecting just photographing if there was anything interesting also helps to know whats local so i can plan what flys im bringing since im going mostly to fish