MAJORmagical

Anthia sexmaculata(sexguttata) in the us?

Hey all, would any of you happen too know where someone in the US could purchase some egyptian predatory beetles? Or if not do you know if they are even legal to import? I cannot for the life of me find a single person who will sell me some haha.

I don't know much about the logistics of getting those imported, but if you're looking for a larger predatory beetle in the US, it might be easier to acquire a Caterpillar hunter or a warrior beetle.

1 hour ago, MAJORmagical said:

Would you happen to know someone who would have either of those? They both seem really interesting

Bugs In Cyberspace has both of them from time to time (see their beetle page for current offers).  They just got in some Dejean's Tiger Beetles, in case you're interested in those.  It's a species that I've only ever seen pictured in books, and is rarely available for sale.

4 minutes ago, Goliathus said:

Bugs In Cyberspace has both of them from time to time (see their beetle page for current offers).  They just got in some Dejean's Tiger Beetles, in case you're interested in those.  It's a species that I've only ever seen pictured in books, and is rarely available for sale.

Damn it looks like they are out of stock, those looked super interesting :o

Things like this do tend to sell out pretty fast.  You might contact Peter to see if he expects to have more soon, though.