CactusKing

BDFB Larva starting to Pupate

Wish me luck! Any tips on how this is going to go? This is my first beetle larva and I believe I am doing everything correctly. Keeping it around 78 degrees, moist substrate. Only time will tell!

Edited by CactusKing
Forgot tags

That's a great accomplishment! Those beetles are more difficult than others, so if you get an adult, that is fantastic. I have heard that high temps are the key. Good luck and keep us posted!

17 hours ago, Garin said:

That's a great accomplishment! Those beetles are more difficult than others, so if you get an adult, that is fantastic. I have heard that high temps are the key. Good luck and keep us posted!

Thanks for the support! I'm gonna' try my best! Will keep updates.

On 10/28/2018 at 4:03 PM, CactusKing said:

Wish me luck! Any tips on how this is going to go? This is my first beetle larva and I believe I am doing everything correctly. Keeping it around 78 degrees, moist substrate. Only time will tell!

Just to clarify: are you saying this is the first beetle larvae you have ever raised (we will assume mealworms don't count)? If so, that is incredible. I have looked at trying to breed them before, and it looked like it was nearly impossible to successfully raise them. 

8 hours ago, The Mantis Menagerie said:

(we will assume mealworms don't count)? 

Don't you take Zophobas morio away from me...

2 hours ago, PowerHobo said:

Don't you take Zophobas morio away from me...

I think Zophobas morio is a little bit complex to raise since they usually do not pupate in the presence of other larvae. Mealworms, on the other hand, can be raised by sticking them in a bin with some oats and leaving them for a couple months.