I was wondering what the maximum temperature that D. tityus larvae can be raised in. I was also wondering do higher temperatures lead to shorter development time? I have read it causes the lifespan to shorten, but does it also make the larvae go to maturity quicker? Are there conditions that are known to speed up development time or to slow development time?

• 2 weeks later...

I don’t know exactly what the temp range is for them, but 75 is a good temperature.

warrmer temps don’t cause their lifespan to decrease (unless of course you cook them lol), that is probably referring to the fact that they hibernate as adults for part of the year, and if yanked out of hibernation early their lifespan will decrease.

optimal temperatures, supplement feeding, low competition, and keeping larvae together (not a lot in a single container, just enough so that they can detect each others presence), and quality substrate are all factors of growth rate. 

I can tell you with fair confidence (via terrible experience) that consistent temps of 80f and above will significantly increase the likelihood of larval death. As @Bugboy3092 said, 75f is a good temperature.