arizonablue

Male D. tityus

My D. tityus pair has been burrowed under the substrate for months now, and I finally got impatient enough to dig them up for a photo shoot. The male in particular is stunning. The female has a duller color but hopefully she will be a good breeder and I'll get some eggs from them! I haven't been keeping them cold, so maybe now that I've bothered them they'll decide to come up and eat soon!

post-8459-0-30025000-1516415345_thumb.jpg

D. tityus are so cute because the hair covering their heads looks like bangs. I think it was mentioned in the Ultimate Guide to Breeding Beetles, but once you see it, it's impossible not to. lol

Nice looking male! I dig his side horns!!

That's a handsome man! I really do need to get a better camera and lighting setup.

post-8872-0-14827600-1516577839_thumb.jpg

My D. tityus pair has been burrowed under the substrate for months now, and I finally got impatient enough to dig them up for a photo shoot. The male in particular is stunning. The female has a duller color but hopefully she will be a good breeder and I'll get some eggs from them! I haven't been keeping them cold, so maybe now that I've bothered them they'll decide to come up and eat soon!

attachicon.giftityus.jpg

Nice pic!

WHOA. WAIT A MINUTE. D. tityus actually has 2 little horns? I did not know this. All this time I've been ignoring it because if its size. D. neptunus is my favorite rhino beetle, but this is like the cute, little version of it.