Sign in to follow this  
Ratmosphere

Favorite animal and why?

Growing up, we all had our favorite animal. My favorite animal was always a rat but my mom never let me have one. She thought they were gross creatures. I obsessed over rats, even wearing a belt as a tail some days. Sounds funny but it's true. After many years later, I got my first rat and named her Britney. She was the most smart and loving pet that I've ever had. I even got my mom to like her! She said hi to Britney every day and held her. However, Britney became sick with a respiratory infection and had a few tumors so I had to put her down. To this day, rats still remain my favorite animal. Which animal is your favorite and why?

I really enjoyed my rats when I had them as well. They were super personable and amazing. I think I had 18 of them at one point..but only because a female dumbo I purchased from a pet store happened to be pregnant and I was not aware until it happened! It was a great experience, though!

I really enjoy cats as a favorite animal for a pet besides a rat. I recall some of my fondest memories with my cats and rats. I also have a dog that very much loves me and there's nothing like being greeted when you get home everyday from an animal with unconditional love for you! Animals are so very therapeutic and have immensely helped me overcome a lot of things.

20170331_105820_zpsgbenkluc.jpg

28694_zpsncpt1yb1.jpeg

My favorite would probably be my tricolor Australian Shepherd dog.

My favorite would probably be my tricolor Australian Shepherd dog.

Oh, yes! Australian Shepherds are gorgeous and make great dogs!

As far as pets go, my family's always had labrador retrievers. We had one named Mark and another I named Tobi.

We also have a female German Shepherd named Veronica.

As for my favorite animal, it's obviously a beetle! Three-way tie between Megasoma elephas elephas, Dynastes neptunus, and Chalcosoma atlas.

I also have tremendous love for all species of sloths, ostriches, and the two emus at the zoo where I work, Martha and George.

I've got a soft spot for the common octopus as favorite animal overall. Giant tattoo of one, actually.

As for common pets my first pet as an adult was also a rat, and I've had at least 1 (usually 2) ever since. They really are amazing little animals. Otherwise my wife and I have always had english bulldogs until very recently (RIP), and now a boston terrier.