Sign in to follow this  
Ratmosphere

Dynastes grantii egg hatch time

From what I've read it can take 3 to 4 months. It may take even longer if the temperature is low.

X. gideon ova hatch much faster in my experience. I've never experienced them taking more than ~40 days to hatch. For the Love of (third edition) states that the fastest hatch time is 30 days (which is quite rare), while most take two months or more. Apparently the record so far is seven months. Elevated temperatures could speed ova development, but I think it'd be foolish to assume you'll be getting a high hatch rate in less than two months time.

It could vary.. even if the eggs are laid by the same female.

Lets say you get 50 eggs from a female, you might get 2 that hatch in 30 days, the majority hatch from 80~100 days, and a few dies or never hatch.

I received granti ovae at the beginning of November and they've been trickling out ever since. I just had 4 hatch a week ago so don't give up hope!

If they haven't deflated or grown moldy, hold onto them. I've had some eggs take nearly five months to hatch. Most of the late-hatching larvae ended up being weaker than the early-hatching larvae and a few of them died. Moisture levels and temperature are important factors in determining the incubation time of some of the eggs, but some of them take a lot longer despite warmth and proper moisture levels.

When they deflate, the eggs have punctured either from damage or from rotting away.

We're here in March and I still have 11 eggs that haven't hatched. They're still really white and look solid.