Hi everyone!

One of my three wild beetle pupa hatched and it turned out to be a Pelidnota punctate( Grapevine Beetle). That means my other two pupae should be grapevines too because I found them close together under the same rotten log in my yard. It looks beautiful, and will be even more beautiful once it gains it's full coloration!

Does anybody know if these will eat beetle jellies and if they can be kept together?

They will eat jelly and grape leaves (wild) and they can be kept together. In your area, they possibly have black legs. Females are generally a little larger and lighter colored.

Great, I have some jelly. It does have black legs, it probably is a female because it is large and is a light yellowish-orange color.

Do you happen to know how long these live?

A few months if I remember correctly (3 or 4?) - I haven't worked with them in a while but reared some a few times - years ago.

The ones we have "down here" have tan legs; we come across at least 7 or 8 a year at blacklight.

Steven

Cool, that's a decent amount of time. In your expierience with them do they fly alot if taken out?

Thanks!

No, they seem to stay put pretty well, not like cetonids at all. When we find them at lights, even when we are looking for them we don't have to collect them right away - they tend to fly towards a light, pick a spot and stay there for quite a while.