Greetings from California I'm interested in breeding rhino or stag beetles

InsectaJaeger888

Hello everyone,

I'm new to forum groups and online chatting but more than eager to get connected with the online beetle enthusiast community. I've studied a lot on US and Japanese stag, rhinoceros and carabid ground beetle breeding techniques and while I am well versed in the technical formalities and knowledge of such things I lack personal experience in the in field so to speak. While I was first introduce to the beetle hobby and collecting stag and rhinoceros beetles overseas in Taiwan for which I dream of breeding those gorgeous behemoths (although I am well aware and will stay well within the confines of legal parameters). Because of the laws and regulations restricting importation of exotic species I am looking for and focusing my attention on native species in the US. To be specific I'm looking to buy a breeding male and female pair of stag beetles ( Lucanus elaphus, Lucanus capreolus, Lucanus mazama, Dorcus brevis, or Dorcus parallelus,) or rhinoceros beetles ( Dynastes granti, Dynastes tityus, Strategus aloeus or Phileurus truncatus ). I do understand that I am way early in the season to be asking for adult beetles as they won't emerge until probably May but I do want to get connected with anyone who breeds and might be willing to sell a pair of either rhinoceros or stag beetles of any species.

Welcome to the forum! :) You probably won't find any of those for sale this time of year, but once it gets warmer you should be able to find the species you want for sale.

Why thank you However as I was exploring through the various conversations I also noticed that people have exotic species within the US. I don't know if anyone is willing to sell exotics species here but I certain will be interested if an offer comes up.

We forbid the selling of exotics on this site, but I am really glad to see you on the forum after all these years. People aren't really supposed to discuss them here, even because it leaves a rather permanent trail of evidence for something that is restricted and requires permits.

In an case, welcome! I had figured you were already a member here. ;)

We forbid the selling of exotics on this site, but I am really glad to see you on the forum after all these years. People aren't really supposed to discuss them here, even because it leaves a rather permanent trail of evidence for something that is restricted and requires permits.

In an case, welcome! I had figured you were already a member here. ;)

Ah I see well in that case I will abandon any notion of exotic species then but I'm still interested in buying native species of they are offered on this site.