Hello from Ohio!

Scolipede

Hello, my name is Grace and I am from Ohio. Very excited to have found a forum exclusively for beetles. I have loved insects since I was very little and currently have a pasimachus viridans, hercules larvae (L1) and 4 tarantulas (aphonopelma chalcodes, euathlus sp "red", Avicularia Versicolor, brachypelma albopilosum). Somewhat related: I also collect japanese beetle figures.

My favorite beetle is any type of Mouhotia!

Here's a photo of my Pasimachus.

efVXtmj.jpg

Welcome! Nice, always wanted a Pasimachus, those viridans sure are stunning! :) Hope you enjoy the forums!

Hello and thanks! I got the pasimachus from bugsincyberspace and it is my first beetle (besides accidental mealworm beetles)

Also, I see you like Monster Hunter. Good choice!

Thanks, unfortunately I don't have a Nintendo 3ds yet, so I haven't been able to play any of the new ones, (MH3U/MH4U), but I got the classics, MHFU, MH3, MHP3rd, etc. :)

Thanks, unfortunately I don't have a Nintendo 3ds yet, so I haven't been able to play any of the new ones, (MH3U/MH4U), but I got the classics, MHFU, MH3, MHP3rd, etc. :)

Nice! I started with MH3, it has the best soundtrack imo. Have you seen the insect glaive for MH4? It's great you basically just control a giant beetle/moth :D while smacking the monster with a stick

Nice! I started with MH3, it has the best soundtrack imo. Have you seen the insect glaive for MH4? It's great you basically just control a giant beetle/moth :D while smacking the monster with a stick

Yes I have seen the insect glaive, I think it's probably one of the coolest looking weapons out there! I'm a longsword guy, but I think the glaive would work well for me. The charge axe also looks really powerful, almost OP!

Welcome to the forum Grace!

I wish I had been more interested in beetles when I lived there.

Thank you!

Curious as to why, is this a good state to find beetles in? o:

I know there are pasimachus, bess beetles and D. tityus here, but I have never seen them. I think the most interesting I've seen is a green tiger beetle, which happened to land right on me

Texas has some cool darkling beetles and click beetles, as well as some other interesting invertebrates.

I live in Ohio, unfortunately. I wished I lived in Texas though haha

Oh he meant Ohio, oops lol! Still, you do have some interesting darklings, (Meracantha contracta, Alobates pensylvanica, Androchirus erythropus, Bolitotherus cornutus, Platydema ellipticum, etc) and for click beetles you got Alaus oculatus. Also looks like you got a lot of tiger beetles. Nothing to shrug at IMO.

Alaus oculatus looks awesome! I didn't know that was here. I only recently learned about pasimachus and d tityus being here too, I should have looked more when the weather was good

Yeah, I got one Alaus melanops grub right now, it is a beast! When it's hungry it will just tear mealworms apart!! :)

Oh god, as a larvae? Sounds awesome. I really like the predatory beetles. I became enamored when I saw a tiger beetle hunt an ant after I released it

Yes, the adults are peaceful fruit and sap eaters, but the larva are vicious predators of other invertebrates, (they particularly like to eat other beetle larva). Yeah predatory beetles are the coolest! :D