Hi from texas!

Stagparty

Hello all!

I am an avid beetle fan, and only recently began thinking about raising some beetles to watch their habits and enjoy them....i like to fancy myself an artist and spend a lot of time drawing them, so i'm hoping to have some live models some day!

Welcome, Stagparty!

I'd like to see a sample of your work.

Do you see beetles in your local area?

Peter

Hi Peter! thank you for the welcome!

I'd love to post some links to some of my stuff...i'll have to scan some and post it on my DA page, but i'll definitely show it soon!

I think we see some beetles around here...i live in the city proper so i don't see much of anything at all, *laughs* but i remember seeing some huge wood borers, and once i found a large olive greenish beetle which i now think was an Eastern Hercules...i just didn't know it then!

Hello Stagparty :D

I too am fascinated by beetles and only started to keep and breed them around 6 months ago.

It's very addictive though and what started out as a pair of Flower (meccynorhina ugandensis) and Rhino (xylotrupes gideon) beetles has quickly expanded and taken over 2 rooms in our house!

The colouration on beetles is beautiful, I only wish I was able to paint!!

Good luck with the beetles!

Kerry

• 4 months later...

Hello all!

I am an avid beetle fan, and only recently began thinking about raising some beetles to watch their habits and enjoy them....i like to fancy myself an artist and spend a lot of time drawing them, so i'm hoping to have some live models some day!

Stagparty,

Where in Texas do you live? I'm a beetle collector in Houston. I'm also an amateur artist, although I've never painted beetles. Maybe I should start. There is a small group of collectors in the area who I collect with. Most of us also collect lepidoptera.