New guy from Kansas

Generalxspanky

I know Dynastes Tityus have occasionally been found here... Right now I have some dynastes granti larvae and I'm hoping to get a breeding pair out of them

whats d.granti larvae instar? mine is L2 and it took like 1.5 years or more to reach that stage :/

• 3 weeks later...

I have been keeping some different species of rhino beetles together, some granti and gideon specifically. My largest granti (60mm) bullies the others a little, but it hasn't been too much of a problem. I know you can keep tityus and granti together, and even get them to breed.

I've only problem with a 65 gallon aquarium is the amount of substrate, if you need to change it, the process will be harder with a 65 gallon. As well as the inconvenience of checking for eggs in a 65 gallon. See what others say but I say several 10 gallon aquariums would be much easier. Having all the beetles in one tank is a roll of the dice if you get a mite infestation, it safer to keep different tanks for yor beetles, that is how everyone does it properly.

I have been keeping some different species of rhino beetles together, some granti and gideon specifically. My largest granti (60mm) bullies the others a little, but it hasn't been too much of a problem. I know you can keep tityus and granti together, and even get them to breed.

umm lol one that i sent?