Is there any exotic invertebrates to collect around china ?

stagtacus

Hello all i maybe be going to china around 2013 for some collecting but i have never done this before, here is the list of province i'm planning to visit. ( Yunnan, Tibet, Hubei ) i hope to find some cool beetles, ant, centipedes, spiders, mantis and who knows what bugs but i am expecting to see Harpegnathos venator, i'm hoping there is a subspecies of Harpegnathos saltator in china some where. ​​ All suggestions welcome Thank you ALL

i heard there is big tiger beetles there ;)

Oh cool do you know where and the name of species ?

not really because i was searching about breeding tiger beetles and i dont remember the name sorry :(

it's ok if you like tiger beetle, there is a US species Amblycheila cylindriformis very cool looking i personally think is one of the coolest tiger of them all.

you have them :o?

a friend of mine used to have them. i think i saw some other smaller tiger beetle species in nj one time. hey do you know how to breed them.

i believe they need large space... for green ones and smeller ones they like clay and sandy substrate...

Oh ok it would be nice if you could breed Amblycheila cylindriformis that would be awesome !!!

• 10 months later...

Hello all i maybe be going to china around 2013 for some collecting but i have never done this before, here is the list of province i'm planning to visit. ( Yunnan, Tibet, Hubei ) i hope to find some cool beetles, ant, centipedes, spiders, mantis and who knows what bugs but i am expecting to see Harpegnathos venator, i'm hoping there is a subspecies of Harpegnathos saltator in china some where. ​​ All suggestions welcome Thank you ALL

I was just curious as to if you were ever able to make that trip to China this past year?

• 3 weeks later...

I was just curious as to if you were ever able to make that trip to China this past year?

As a matter of fact i will be going to taiwan in 12/6/2013, and in china 3 month later