Hellllo!

GeneralZero

Got into the love of beetles a while back ago (2 years) and ever since have been attempting to collect the dynastes beetles and several others. I found some grubs while playing tennis with my friend not too long ago and not too sure what type of specimen they may be from. I've raised 2 male dynastes tityus this year and one female last year. The name's alex by the way and I will look forward to reading responses from the other members! Perhaps even tips and tricks on how to successfully rear them!

Thanks!

-Alex

PS: Will post some pictures of the grubs when I get a chance!

Welcome! Last time I guessed the guy wasn't even in the right country. :blink: I'm going to guess L3 Cotinis but since we don't know where you're from or where you found them they could be L2 Goliathus or a ton of other things.

Thanks for the input guys and I'm from NC USA and that seems to be the most likely being a june bug? I found some others today while digging in rotten wood today they have very large pincers? I may post a pic up later!

Do you have Cotinis where you are?

The first beetle that comes to mind with pinchers are stags, Lucanus.

Would you be willing to send me some cotinis :);)

I was supposed to be getting some grubs form continis but the person I sent the money to dropped off the face of the earth somewhere.

I think I'll skip on those, I generally lean towards the bigger beetles only since I feel they are easier to handle. Although I don't mind sending one or two perhaps if you'd really like them.

I don't have much when it comes to larger beetles, as I cannot get the wood they need.

If there are extras where you are I would love to have some of the cotinis :) I am wanting to breed them but like I mentioned above the person I was going to get some from stopped communicating and I haven't heard back from.

I don't have much when it comes to larger beetles, as I cannot get the wood they need.

If there are extras where you are I would love to have some of the cotinis :) I am wanting to breed them but like I mentioned above the person I was going to get some from stopped communicating and I haven't heard back from.

Yeah I believe the one I took a picture of is an L3? or possibly L2 they are fairly large. But I believe they are cotinis since they are typically everywhere around here during the summer. I will look through some time tomorrow and if you pay for postage I don't mind sending them off. ;)

I can pay postage :)

If you have potted plants I heard that they sometimes get in the soil.

We do have a few but those had pesticides so if they did crawl in they probably didn't fare so well.I'll probably send you two and will keep the bigger ones since I have a sort of attachment since they are the first ones I found haha

We do have a few but those had pesticides so if they did crawl in they probably didn't fare so well.I'll probably send you two and will keep the bigger ones since I have a sort of attachment since they are the first ones I found haha

If you don't have very many just keep them yourself and maybe you can get them breeding or catch more later on :)

I am guessing the adults outside have died off now?

If you don't have very many just keep them yourself and maybe you can get them breeding or catch more later on :)

I am guessing the adults outside have died off now?

Well it's alright I have about 7 right now and don't intend to have many of these in fact I kept them solely thinking they were dynastes so I don't want too many. And yup they die off around mid to late September. They cover the ground were my house is, it's like a ground of shiny green.