Dream home

stagtacus

hi all i need some reality check with everybody, about building my dream home into a bug observatory and a hobby station, is it against us law, i need everyones opinion and suggestion. Thank you.

that would be pretty cool. but do new york has lot of bugs???

i am not sure, i live in new jersey. What i meant was the observatory is not built out side but in side the house, it might be too costly and technical difficulty for me and i saw your american giant stag beetle breeding program, you sounded to me your are going to breed that species bear grylls style, very cool. i generally just use commercial product but your way should be much more interesting and educational ,i think washington state have Quercus garryana, an oak tree but i have no experience with lucanus elaphus at all in fact i never seen one dead or alive, that species is some what rare in taiwan but you are in the right forum here are bunch people know how to breed the species you have

• 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...

any updates on building your "dream home"?

Sorry for the late reply !! Because i got lock out due to using the wrong password, i am glad to be back. This plan has to be put on hold for now, reason being i am very busy with so many other greatly important project this year. Thank you all for taking interest !!!

Thanks Oak. and you too larvahunter

Only species found in New Jersey? After selecting the best representatives and exhibitors it should narrow down to a couple dozen species.

If thinking of showing species found past your state lines,then I highly recommend to check your state laws first before spending on cent.

If this project is just for your own viewing and for your close trusted friends, then no one has to know.

Only species found in New Jersey? After selecting the best representatives and exhibitors it should narrow down to a couple dozen species.

If thinking of showing species found past your state lines,then I highly recommend to check your state laws first before spending on cent.

If this project is just for your own viewing and for your close trusted friends, then no one has to know.

Just curious, i got this idea from the movie ( Avatar ), if the bug community can consider forming an organization say ( BDA : Bug Development Administration ) not online, but a physical building, what do you think ?

Just curious, i got this idea from the movie ( Avatar ), if the bug community can consider forming an organization say ( BDA : Bug Development Administration ) not online, but a physical building, what do you think ?

what would they do?

what would they do?

Insectarium, museum, education institute, bug club, quarantine facility, and all bug related issue. Other suggestions welcome !! of course the ultimate goal is legalization of bug keeping.

Insectarium, museum, education institute, bug club, quarantine facility, and all bug related issue. Other suggestions welcome !! of course the ultimate goal is legalization of bug keeping.

i agree on legalization of bug keeping :) but not plants lol

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...