Web eviction

Antrodiaetus pacificus

This is what I believe these to be, I had to remove a very large stump today and found atleast 8 of these guys along with two giant egg sacs loaded with little ones :)

There awesome spiders and I plan to keep a couple just because there so interesting!

1ED2AF95-EEE0-48EB-AEEF-E4DEAD0C0F16-2452-0000052F54786FFE.jpg

Very cool!

Trapdoor spiders? I have never had any of them.

Did you keep any of the babies?

Very cool!

Trapdoor spiders? I have never had any of them.

Did you keep any of the babies?

Ya I have a large female and her clutch of little ones :) I take it you found my thread on AB as well haha I posted more pics on that one...

Just checked out your pictures on AB :D

Great find!

Lol, sounds like a sight to see ;)

there are in my back yard all the time. hate those things :angry: one almost bit me.

there are in my back yard all the time. hate those things :angry: one almost bit me.

I wish trap door spiders were in my yard... ;):P

i saw one today again and it had a brown stripe on its belly

It's amazing how common they are in the Pacific NW. A local paper ran an article recently about these and one of their sources of information was quoted as suggesting it might be a Sydney Funnel Web (one of the most venomous spiders in the world that people are yearly bit by). It generated a lot of discussion. I see males very regularly, but you have to dig to find females. The females are capable of producing eggs at a fraction of the size of the specimen you shared a photo of. One of the PNW's best pet bugs, IMO!

They are living with mom in the bottom of her burrow as she is still protecting them a few have ventured out and made small burrows down the sides of the vile very neat to observe and luckily I have a bunch of pinheads just hatched out so feeding them hasn't been a problem