Wanna buy live beetles

hereyougo1

In the US you'll want to stick to acquiring the native D.tityus or D.granti. You can get in trouble for bringing in any live animals without proper paperwork (and you can't get the paperwork unless you have connections).

Sadly it is true. Luckily my country doesn't have that kind of a law

Our political system runs on elitism and the general person is not considered good enough (not kidding). Also, the money supposedly used to fight terrorism has been funneled into regulatory agencies to harass lower class citizens (most of us) instead.

So where can i buy the D.tityus or D.granti.?? any website suggest??? thanks

D.granti are only available in season since it's based on wild specimens. You just missed the adult season and grubs won't likely be seen around till Dec./Jan. At that time you may find some vendors with them on insectnet or petbugs (if petbugs ever fixes their server problems). D.tityus are available as captive bred so they're available off and on, generally from fall to spring. I haven't looked for either in years so I may not know the best places to find them these days. Of course the other option is collecting them yourself.

I totally agree with Orin, 100%.

Our political system runs on elitism and the general person is not considered good enough (not kidding). Also, the money supposedly used to fight terrorism has been funneled into regulatory agencies to harass lower class citizens (most of us) instead.

Collecting is very difficult unless you know the terrain and even then it's like looking for a needle in a haystack. Too bad there are very few, if at all, who are captive breeding. Orin are you the only one doing D.tityus?

D.granti are only available in season since it's based on wild specimens. You just missed the adult season and grubs won't likely be seen around till Dec./Jan. At that time you may find some vendors with them on insectnet or petbugs (if petbugs ever fixes their server problems). D.tityus are available as captive bred so they're available off and on, generally from fall to spring. I haven't looked for either in years so I may not know the best places to find them these days. Of course the other option is collecting them yourself.

• 1 month later...
Collecting is very difficult unless you know the terrain and even then it's like looking for a needle in a haystack. Too bad there are very few, if at all, who are captive breeding. Orin are you the only one doing D.tityus?

I didn't notice this part of your post since it was in my quotes.

There are a few people who have kept D.tityus for a number of years but I'm pretty certain mine are the oldest continuous culture by far.