Green fruit beetle

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Do they require diapause to mature during pupation??

No, it's just difficult to provide the proper nutrition without massive mite problems and then pupal cell formation and eclosion include many troubles.

• 2 months later...
No, it's just difficult to provide the proper nutrition without massive mite problems and then pupal cell formation and eclosion include many troubles.

have you tried with lower humidity level?

Regards

Yves (France)

If you limit the humidity you'll cross over the point where you damage the larvae before you reach the point where you kill the mites. Short-term you can dry out the mites and not the larvae without substrate only. It's not an impossible species but it's far more difficult and time intensive than other flower beetles. Gymnetis caseyi on the other hand is an extremely easy to rear USA native.

If you limit the humidity you'll cross over the point where you damage the larvae before you reach the point where you kill the mites. Short-term you can dry out the mites and not the larvae without substrate only. It's not an impossible species but it's far more difficult and time intensive than other flower beetles. Gymnetis caseyi on the other hand is an extremely easy to rear USA native.

Thanks Orin for your comments.

I hope to be successfull with my Gymnetis breeding!.

I will try with my next Cotinis breeding.

Regards

Yves