Phileurus truncatus vs Phileurus valgus

Greatwun

The other day I posted a pic of a species I found which I thought to be Phileurus truncatus. However, I misidentified it and Ryan and Lucanus correctly identified it as Phileurus valgus. So yesterday I was out looking for grubs and found some Phileurus truncatus pupae and one Adult in a rotting log. The size difference between the two species is quite noticeable. The P. valgus is 18.1 mm and the P. truncatus is 33.76 mm. Below is a pic of the two species next to each other. I also posted pics of the pupae I found.

phileuruscomparison.jpg

phileurus1.jpg

No, I'm gonna start a breeding project and if all goes well I may offer some of the extra larvae for sale here. If I IDed the sexes correctly then I have 4 males and 4 females. The 9th and smallest pupae actually seem to be a species of Strategus. Strange that it was living in there so closely among all those truncatus.

No, I'm gonna start a breeding project and if all goes well I may offer some of the extra larvae for sale here. If I IDed the sexes correctly then I have 4 males and 4 females. The 9th and smallest pupae actually seem to be a species of Strategus. Strange that it was living in there so closely among all those truncatus.

Can I see a good picture of the "strategus"?