Large oak paradise

Thanks Orin for the information I saw a lot of click beetle near the larvae so I believe it may have been!

And thanks Lucanus I will update this with any finds if I find any larvae or beeltes! :)

And Ryan I live in Statesville, NC roughly 50-ish minutes from Charlotte NC and about an hour and a half to two hours from upper SC.

Oh nice yeah I'm not into that part of my hobby (yet) for now just beetles haha perhaps we can plan a meet up some time? I am going to the Asheville mountains this summer with my two friends and probably going to do a lot of hunting while I am up there for both suitable substrate and different beetles.

Oh nice yeah I'm not into that part of my hobby (yet) for now just beetles haha perhaps we can plan a meet up some time? I am going to the Asheville mountains this summer with my two friends and probably going to do a lot of hunting while I am up there for both suitable substrate and different beetles.

I'd love to... we could easily find some Platycerus in this area you know ;).

• 1 month later...

I usually collect rotten wood in canyons like blackstar canyon or modjeska canyon

i usually go to modjeska canyon though, cauz it's closer

but there are some burned wood there..so :P

I usually collect rotten wood in canyons like blackstar canyon or modjeska canyon

i usually go to modjeska canyon though, cauz it's closer

but there are some burned wood there..so :P

are those canyons down south by mission viejo?

• 1 year later...