Bugstock #3

The first Bugstock of 2008 will be on May 30th - June 1st in Washington, Louisiana.

www.Bugstock.com

www.myspace.com/bugstock

Steven

Info@Beetle-Experience.com

Hi Steven,

How was bugstock? Sounds like absolute fun. What transpired there? Are you still breeding D.granti, D.tityus? Hope to attend the next one.

Joel

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Joel,

We had a blast, thanks for asking! I'm overdue for creating the report and posting the photos. I'll post here when I have the full thing written up, but we were basically out there from Fri afternoon to Sunday afternoon. We didn't see as many insects (as we would have had I held it later in the year) but we still had a lot of fun. There were a lot more folks that came out for this one, including Animal Planet and some nice folks from N.O. Mosquito Control. We had a good friend cook gumbo for everyone and there was a late night jam session (extremely late, LOL).

My favs. from this one were: Euphoria fulgida (had not seen them there before) and Necrophila americana (had been looking for one for the past 2 years.

I haven't been breeding as much this year, so much else going on. We did find a male D. tityus during Bugstock, and I've come across two other so far this year. I haven't been up to our "good spot" yet (1hr. north of me) to see what's out.

I hope to post back here soon will all the details.

Best,

Steven

Hey Joel,

We had a blast, thanks for asking! I'm overdue for creating the report and posting the photos. I'll post here when I have the full thing written up, but we were basically out there from Fri afternoon to Sunday afternoon. We didn't see as many insects (as we would have had I held it later in the year) but we still had a lot of fun. There were a lot more folks that came out for this one, including Animal Planet and some nice folks from N.O. Mosquito Control. We had a good friend cook gumbo for everyone and there was a late night jam session (extremely late, LOL).

My favs. from this one were: Euphoria fulgida (had not seen them there before) and Necrophila americana (had been looking for one for the past 2 years.

I haven't been breeding as much this year, so much else going on. We did find a male D. tityus during Bugstock, and I've come across two other so far this year. I haven't been up to our "good spot" yet (1hr. north of me) to see what's out.

I hope to post back here soon will all the details.

Best,

Steven

Can't wait to see the photos and really want to know how you got animal planet to come out?

Joel

That's all super cool, Steven!

Yeah, I'm wondering...did AP actually film and did they tell you what show and when it was going to be on?

I love bugs, but I'm thinking missing out on the gumbo is the hardest part for me ;)

Definitely looking forward to the details!

• 5 weeks later...

Joel and Peter,

Sorry it's been so long. I'm actually working on getting Bugstock #4 organized, LOL (sometimes wonder why I do this to myself). Bugstock 3 was great; everyone seemed to have a good time and, yes, AP filmed for most of the day that Saturday and into the night (blacklight collecting footage). After Bugstock they went to New Orleans and filmed my friends down there too. They are still in the editing phase but I was told the show should be out in Sept. some time. I will definitely post the info when I get it.

I've posted some of the pics here: http://bugstock.com/main-gallery.htm and still need to write up a report on it (hopefully before the next one which is Aug 8th - 10th).

More soon....

Steven

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for sharing the link. Looks like a good time. I didn't see the gumbo, but I checked out the wildlife section in your gallery and it looks like you've caught some great stuff over the years.

I look forward to the AP link!

Guess you've already had another event. I'll be looking for info. on how that one went.

I'm off to Arizona a week from today...oh yeah!

• 4 months later...

Ok,

I have FINALLY posted the reports from Bugstock #3 (and good time too). I've also posted the report that Dave Gracer wrote.

http://www.bugstock.com/report

The TV show that they filmed during Bugstock #3 is now called "Bug-Eating Man" and is set to air on January 27th on Animal Planet at 8:00 (eastern time I think). I'm really not sure how much of Bugstock will make it to the air, but we'll see I guess.

http://animal.discovery.com/tv-schedules/s...5326.124964.0.0

Steven

Ah, neat stuff! I'll comment more after I've read it all.

Dave sent me bugs last year...to eat! They weren't too tasty, but it was a lot of fun and two of my three kids tried them too!

My wife and I are tentatively planning on being at your next summer event!

• 1 month later...

Hey Peter,

They haven't played the show yet. I'll post again before they show it (keeps getting pushed back).

Cool news about eating bugs. I tried some leaf-cutter ants at the Insectarium last year when Dave was down; kinda strange but not bad.

We'd love to have you and your wife; it would be nice to finally meet you. Send me an e-mail and I'll get you some info.

Regards,

Steven

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 years later...