Which would you choose?

I suppose that would depend on what you want it for. Personally, if I was going to use it and keep it as a specimen post death..I wouldn't mind to have either. If you'd want to use it to breed..perhaps you want the one that is bigger? I'm not sure!

My own Opinion key word ( Opinion ) #1 NO BROKEN LEGS #2 NO curved horn #3 NO swallow tail wings

According to a taiwanese D breeder male size 130mm & female size 65mm is minimum, if one should choose to breed/offspring theory size 150mm & up

For offspring 160mm & up/you may need male size of 160mm & female size 70mm or larger for better % chance

Personally i would prefer WILD collected beetle for sure !!

You seems very enthusiastic about beetles so why not go BIG !!! and take it to the next BEECULES level

Maybe a health, well porportion, huge beetle is on the horizon 175mm !!

I would go big but I don't have hundreds to spend on one species, you know?

i know someone who have nice Dhl bloodline 160mm protential, maybe we can work something out if you interested

How about $250 a pair male & female Larvae shipping included/THE REAL McCoy

GUARANTEED !!!

I would but how can I guarantee that I won't end up with a curved horn? The risk is too great to me. I'm at the point where I can't pay 175 dollars for a pair of beetles. By the way, do you have a list of beetles you have in stock?

It seems the larger the beetle the higher the chance of curved horn but there are ways to decrease the risk

im not specialized in rhinoceros beetles

What i can do is offer you phone assistance if need to when im in taiwan

Or we can trade for things

I'd choose the smaller one for breeding as typically horn size is only partially heredity. Nurture plays a nice role in all of this too you know. As I have seen green ghost mantids have brown ones in there due to the environment. If I had the money, oh heck I choose the larger one.

Awesome, keep me in your mind.

Yes i will. Thanks

I'd choose the smaller one for breeding as typically horn size is only partially heredity. Nurture plays a nice role in all of this too you know. As I have seen green ghost mantids have brown ones in there due to the environment. If I had the money, oh heck I choose the larger one.

Bigger beetle is just higher % chance of big beetle that is all

Me too. However, the larger one has a badly curved horn too. I was stupid not to jump on a 115mm Dhh with a perfect horn at a good price months ago.

But smaller one may indicate health issue

If i didn't have to travel & move so much/moved 23 times and counting

i would go to Dhh native wild location & collect 10 adult pairs

and go back collect some more every few years or so

That is if you really into this species

Have you ever thinking about taking a trip and collect some wild ones

It would be a trip to remember and really healthy beetle as well

theory is they should produce up to 100+ healthy eggs

I wouldn't want to to smuggle them back into the United States in that way. The trip itself would be awesome though! How much does a major wild caught pair of this species go for?

male size 100mm & undetermined female size

depend on general wc size/$500 a pair is the cheapest price

$3,000 is fair price for a pair of male size 150mm & female medium to large size

Compair to a pair of WC 100mm Dorcus alcides price $6,000 in Japan

I'd say just get a cheap one until you know this species better (the offspring can easily grow bigger than the dad)

If you think you are already an expert in beetle breeding, then go for the larger one.

Or if you are not breeding it, then look for a dried specimen. Should be a little cheaper.