Forum Issues (on behalf of Ratmosphere)

PowerHobo

Apparently, our buddy Ratmosphere was exploring the "Change Theme" button at the bottom of the page, and now all he gets on the forum is a completely white screen, so he can't see any posts or anything.

Anyone else had this happen or have any idea on how to fix it? He's already reached out to Peter, but as we all know that man is very busy.

Ok, so I forgot for a second that I'm a technician, and I got it figured out.

First and foremost, just don't click on "IP.Board (Pre 3.2)" under "Change Theme" at the bottom of the page. It appears to be broken, at least for the time being. It will result in a http Error 500, and will not display the forum, including the option to change your theme setting back. Worse: it locks to your account settings and will follow from browser to browser once you log in.

If you or a friend DO end up clicking on it, do the following:

1. Either use or download and use the Chrome browser. Navigate to beetleforum.net/forums
  2. Right click anywhere on the browser screen and select "Inspect" (last option)
  3. At the top-left of the window that opens is an icon resembling a phone and tablet, click on that to force the browser into mobile mode. You may have to click on reload to make the page display.
  4. Once the mobile version of BeetleForum is loaded, scroll to the bottom and click on "Full Version". Again, you may have to reload.
  5. This will display BeetleForum as you're used to seeing it, but scroll down to the bottom anyway, and click on "Change Theme"
  6. Even though it is already selected, click on IP.Board (top option). The page will forcibly reload again.
  7. Now you can click on the phone/tablet icon in the Inspect window again to return to your normal browser, then click the X at the top of the Inspect window.

The above will re-save the standard BeetleForum view into your settings, so you should be good to go.

Note for Chrome users: your browser may be in a funky magnified view after these steps. You can hold your CTRL key and scroll your middle mouse wheel to zoom back in or out to normal.

Apparently, our buddy Ratmosphere was exploring the "Change Theme" button at the bottom of the page, and now all he gets on the forum is a completely white screen, so he can't see any posts or anything.

Anyone else had this happen or have any idea on how to fix it? He's already reached out to Peter, but as we all know that man is very busy.

That happened to me two times, but peter cleared it up for me...

I don’t know why it happens?

• 5 months later...

Another issue is probably the sign up one. When you sign up on this forum, you need to get a approval from Peter (@bugsincyberspace) in order to successfully join. However, while I do really appreciate how he personally approves people, he is very busy. When I first joined it took about 2 weeks in order to get approved, I had to PM Peter in order to get approval and I'm currently waiting on roachforum(been 3 days since I signed up). In fact, someone on the discord had it take 5 months in order to get approved, even after constant emails and messages to @bugsincyberspace. Maybe it needs a rehaul?