Any roach fans out here? lol

Lucanus

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow! That shows dedication! :)

I think roaches may be my favorite insect...I never paid as much attention to beetles, until I starting getting all the tenebrionids etc. Hence the "may" lol. The next order I'm putting together is so far reaching that same amount, but I'll be adding extras to the species I just got as well as getting more variety...don't know why I didn't buy horseshoe roaches last time! How silly of me! :lol:

If my collection does thrive and reproduce, I'll be sure to let you guys know. :)

i just caught my first cockroach in Idaho!!! i have lived here for a while and have never found one. and i have read that there are no native sp of roaches here, but i found what i think to be a parcoblatta nymph. do they need wood in their diet? might try to post a pic later.

i just caught my first cockroach in Idaho!!! i have lived here for a while and have never found one. and i have read that there are no native sp of roaches here, but i found what i think to be a parcoblatta nymph. do they need wood in their diet? might try to post a pic later.

Congrats dude! I'd suggest a hardwood blend to keep'em on. Good luck! ^_^

Thanks! I put some mulch from my front yard in with it, and some dead leaves. I am also feeding it dog food.

Awesome additions! Love the G. lurida, and those S. conserfariam are really cool as well! Are all of these from Kyle?

G. lurida came from a friend of mine in AL, and S. conserfariam were purchased from Bugs in cyberspace :)