Sirens

Sara

Awesome I live in Texas and mine are refuges from a Florida bait shop they are so lovely !! if you ever get the chance i hear the best paces to catch them are ditches where water sits for a long time. There are plenty of dwarf sirens but i haven't found one yet :)

• 3 weeks later...

I'm curious why they are called sirens. You mentioned tanks busting, so I half-wonder (half sarcastically) if they sing in some sort of ultrasonic frequency that can break glass. Often, creatures are given names for good reasons.

I'm curious why they are called sirens. You mentioned tanks busting, so I half-wonder (half sarcastically) if they sing in some sort of ultrasonic frequency that can break glass. Often, creatures are given names for good reasons.

They are called sirens for what i can figure a few reasons

one people say they look like mermaids from mythology "i find that funny" with there long tail and tiny arms , however when they are bothered they do "scream" like a mud puppys but louder and much more shrill. They have broken one tank so far by spitting rocks at the glass pretty amazing how they do that lol. They have this amazing ability to suck crayfish out of there shells. They are very neat however , i think the names fits them well :)

• 6 months later...