Eurycotis floridana

Lucanus

Had I known you liked Euricotys sp. I would have sent you my opaca trio... free. I already gave it away to a friend that is heavily involved with roaches, and he went through my tank and found three oothecas in there (they cover them in substrate so well). Don't know how to breed this one specifically, but if they are anything like opaca you will not have a hard time.

Had I known you liked Euricotys sp. I would have sent you my opaca trio... free. I already gave it away to a friend that is heavily involved with roaches, and he went through my tank and found three oothecas in there (they cover them in substrate so well). Don't know how to breed this one specifically, but if they are anything like opaca you will not have a hard time.

Ah..I missed my fortune. lol

Thank you for letting me know :)

I hope that I can breed this species succefully :D

Awesome! I have a couple myself. Had to get them shipped from my cousin down in FL.

P.S. Ometeo, sorry I couldn't buy the opaca either ;). It was in consideration for too long. Hahaha! I do have money these days but now I see you don't have any left :(. Oh well... Maybe eventually :P.

Oh... and awesome catch! Yours look a tad different than mine :/. I don't know exactly why that is?!? Mine seem darker I think. Maybe a tad wider as well?! Also, any nymphs? They have a nice look to them! The streaks on the sides are epic!

I wish I knew you were into roaches. Ever see surinam roaches? :o...

Awesome! I have a couple myself. Had to get them shipped from my cousin down in FL.

P.S. Ometeo, sorry I couldn't buy the opaca either ;). It was in consideration for too long. Hahaha! I do have money these days but now I see you don't have any left :(. Oh well... Maybe eventually :P.

Oh... and awesome catch! Yours look a tad different than mine :/. I don't know exactly why that is?!? Mine seem darker I think. Maybe a tad wider as well?! Also, any nymphs? They have a nice look to them! The streaks on the sides are epic!

I wish I knew you were into roaches. Ever see surinam roaches? :o...

Thank you :)

Some of the ones I have are bright red and some are "dark" red and some nymphs have yellow margined thorax.

I also collected some surinamese roach while I was collecting E. floridana

Very nice! You don't find black form? If I get my culture going better I could get you some. They are pure black almost. Also... pretty good size. 35-45mm on average but sometimes bigger.

Very nice! You don't find black form? If I get my culture going better I could get you some. They are pure black almost. Also... pretty good size. 35-45mm on average but sometimes bigger.

The "darker" ones that I told you about are the black forms :)