Requesting Dynastes tityus various lifestage photos

Hey guys,

So at my work, I'm going to set up a display talking all about Dynastes tityus. I'm looking for photos of the various life stages to use, especially photos showing early and late instars of the larvae. Of course, pupae and eclosing critters would be nice too! The more natural looking(ie pupae not in floral foam), the better, but it's not THAT big of a deal This isn't for commercial use, just for something my coworkers can look at and learn from.

PS-Of course, I'd credit the photos to the original photographer.

Thanks! Any chance of a photo of a male pupa? And what instars are the ones on the dish? They look like L1s to me with a few early L2s.

Unfortunately, I've never got any male pupae from my breeding group :( (all males I had were collected from wild)

The ones on the dish (it's actually a lid. lol) are early L2s and late L1s :)

Unfortunately, I've never got any male pupae from my breeding group :( (all males I had were collected from wild)

The ones on the dish (it's actually a lid. lol) are early L2s and late L1s :)

These are some great shots man. I'll definitely be using some, if not all of them. I'd still love photos of a larva in each instar(early and late) and a male pupa, as well as a third instar compared to something to show the impressive size....so if anyone else can help, please do!

Thanks again Lucanus!

I don't have any L2s right now but I can take pics of L3 again :)

I also have a tityus X grantii hybrid male pupa that resembles a lot like minor tityus so I can take pics of this specimen too if you want :)

I'll pass on the hybrid pupa, but thanks anyway!

Any way you can have a size reference for the L3s? Like a ruler? I want people to understand that there are massive white grubs out there in their backyards :).

• 3 weeks later...