• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Hisserdude

Hisserdude

Stag Beetle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,065 posts
  • Interests:Keeping inverts, including beetles, (especially darkling beetles). Also gardening, reading, playing monster hunter and minecraft, and watching Doctor Who and MLP:FIM.

Posted 02 May 2017 - 04:18 PM

Got a trio of larvae last month, and plan to get a couple more once my traeger pellets have finished fermenting. :) Can't wait until these beauties mature! :D

Pyrophorus%25231.JPG

Pyrophorus%25232.JPG

Pyrophorus%25235.JPG

Pyrophorus%25236.JPG

#2 Ratmosphere

Ratmosphere

Stag Beetle

• Members
  • 1,488 posts
  • Interests:Skateboarding.

Posted 02 May 2017 - 05:43 PM

Beautiful! 

#3 Hisserdude

Hisserdude

Stag Beetle

• Members
  • 1,065 posts
  • Interests:Keeping inverts, including beetles, (especially darkling beetles). Also gardening, reading, playing monster hunter and minecraft, and watching Doctor Who and MLP:FIM.

Posted 02 May 2017 - 06:01 PM

Beautiful!

Thanks! :)

#4 Hisserdude

Hisserdude

Stag Beetle

• Members
  • 1,065 posts

Posted 12 June 2017 - 01:19 AM

Getting bigger! :D

Pyrophorus%252311.JPG

#5 Hisserdude

Hisserdude

Stag Beetle

• Members
  • 1,065 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 01:05 AM

Adults! :D

PyrophorusAdult%25235.JPG

PyrophorusAdult%25234.JPG

PyrophorusAdult%25232.JPG

PyrophorusEating%25231.JPG

And here is a video of them:

https://youtu.be/zzfFdCUIYPE

#6 wizentrop

wizentrop

Pupa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 08:28 AM

The video came out nice, it really shows how bright they are. Not an easy thing to photograph.

#7 Hisserdude

Hisserdude

Stag Beetle

• Members
  • 1,065 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 02:28 PM

The video came out nice, it really shows how bright they are. Not an easy thing to photograph.

Thanks! :D It definitely isn't easy to get a good photograph of the glow, at least not if you want a clear picture, which is why I've taken a couple videos of the adults glowing to show that aspect of them off a bit. :)

#8 Eleodes hispilabris

Eleodes hispilabris

L3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 70 posts
  • Interests:Amazon Rainforest, White Sands Monument New Mexico, Yellowstone National park, Wildflowers, Photography, Eleodes Hispilabris (and of course other BEETLES), and art/sketching.

Posted 05 September 2017 - 02:43 PM

Amazing pics of the luminescent click beetle!

"East or west, Rainforest is best...There's no place like The Amazon."--Eleodes hispilabris (P.S. If anyone has an instagram, feel free to add Eleodes_caudiferis, as I just got it...)

#9 Hisserdude

Hisserdude

Stag Beetle

• Members
  • 1,065 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 03:46 PM

Amazing pics of the luminescent click beetle!

Thanks! :)

#10 Ratmosphere

Ratmosphere

Stag Beetle

• Members
  • 1,488 posts
  • Interests:Skateboarding.

Posted 05 September 2017 - 04:39 PM

Good lookin' adults.

#11 Hisserdude

Hisserdude

Stag Beetle

• Members
  • 1,065 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 09:03 PM

Good lookin' adults.

Thanks! :D

#12 Eleodes hispilabris

Eleodes hispilabris

L3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 70 posts
  • Interests:Amazon Rainforest, White Sands Monument New Mexico, Yellowstone National park, Wildflowers, Photography, Eleodes Hispilabris (and of course other BEETLES), and art/sketching.

Posted 06 September 2017 - 06:53 PM

Hisserdude, how do you upload pics. that large?  I could only upload thumbnails...

"East or west, Rainforest is best...There's no place like The Amazon."--Eleodes hispilabris (P.S. If anyone has an instagram, feel free to add Eleodes_caudiferis, as I just got it...)

#13 Hisserdude

Hisserdude

Stag Beetle

• Members
  • 1,065 posts

Posted 06 September 2017 - 11:53 PM

Hisserdude, how do you upload pics. that large?  I could only upload thumbnails...

You have to upload your photos to a different website that will let you upload large pictures, and then copy the URL from there and use that to put the photos on here.

#14 Eleodes hispilabris

Eleodes hispilabris

L3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 04:13 PM

Can you give me some examples? Thanks :-)

#15 Hisserdude

Hisserdude

Stag Beetle

• Members
  • 1,065 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 10:06 PM

Can you give me some examples? Thanks :-)

Flickr, Blogger, and maybe Imgur would be good sites for hosting larger images, I use Blogger myself.

#16 Eleodes hispilabris

Eleodes hispilabris

L3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 10:07 PM

:D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users